Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Roasted Garlic and Lemon Cashew Pasta

Recipe taken from ourbalancedbowl.com and plantedinthekitchen.com

I started out with the former, but definitely needed to add other ingredients. I didn't measure either. I feel I made a basic recipe, and Eric said it needed more "oomph." He added basil and roasted pine nuts that he said made it much better.
I think cashew sauce would make a good substitute for anything that says heavy cream.
The sauce blended made a little over 2 cups of sauce, so probably could use less cashew.
Served with onions, mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper. I cooked the onion and mushrooms separately.  Added the broccoli and bell pepper last to pan and then added the cashew sauce to the pan.

Ingredients:
-1.5 cups of cashews (maybe a little less)
-1.5 cups of water (I used 1 cup and would consider using bone broth for more flavor or reserved pasta water)
-1 head of garlic (used 1, but needed 2) - roasted in oven / maybe try raw garlic?
-1 TBSP olive oil
-1 tsp salt (probably used more)
-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I used 1 small habanero cooked on stove and was perfect amount of heat)
-1 TBSP nutritional yeast (I used less because I was afraid Eric wouldn't like it, but it was pretty neutral flavor)
-2 TBSP lemon juice (I used half a lemon for the sauce and half lemon to marinate chicken with lemon zest and it was perfect amount of lemon)
-1/2 cup of oat milk (didn't use)

Directions:
1. Soak cashews in water for 2-4 hrs (or 30 min with boiling water)
2. Roast garlic in oven - with olive oil in foil for 50 minutes at 400 F
3. Heat up habanero in pan until char
3. Blend cashews, garlic, half lemon, salt, nutritional yeast, habanero - set aside


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roasted Garlic and Lemon Cashew Pasta

Recipe taken from ourbalancedbowl.com and plantedinthekitchen.com I started out with the former, but definitely needed to add other ingredie...