Saturday, September 19, 2026

Pork chops

Eric was craving a pork chop since we had breakfast with Kristen and her family at Toasted Yolk.  He had wanted to order the pork chop, but got french toast instead and regretted his decision.

I think cooking pork chops is very similar to cooking steak except I turned the heat off the stove, added the butter and herbs and basted - cooking the steaks for another couple of minutes on either side with the heat off.

I was so surprised at how good it tasted. toot toot.


Ingredients:
1. THICK cut bone in pork chops
2. avocado oil
3. butter
4. herbs

Instructions:
1. Take pork chops out of the fridge, pat dry, and season on both sides with salt. Sit for 30 min.
2. Heat up pan and add avocado oil
3. Cook pork chop for 4 min, flip and cook for another 4 min and add garlic powder/onion powder or whatever spices you wanted to add.
4. Sear sides
5. Turn stove off and add butter and herbs and baste for about 1 min each side

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okra

Cook all of the okra because it shrinks like crazy Don't overcook! Air fryer 425 for 20 min (30 min too much and I left it in after turn...