Monday, February 7, 2022

Pecan Crusted Chicken

Recipe taken from wellplated.com
Eric didn't like very much, so probably won't make again. Oh well. Wish I had posted this last month because I don't remember it as well.  I think he likes the sesame encrusted chicken better because I marinate the chicken in soy sauce etc, which I obviously didn't do here, so maybe it was a bit too dry and not as flavorful.  
Oh and Eric told me to dust it with flour before dipping in egg, which I think actually messed it up more and made it so the pecans/panko didn't stick when I went to flip the chicken.  Or maybe I shouldn't have flipped the chicken at all.  Anyways, when I went to flip, basically the crust all came off.  
Plus, I ran out of eggs, pecan/panko, before I was finished with the chicken tenders, which sucked.  I think I used 1/4 cup because that's what I used for the sesame one, and need to use the full 1/2 cup.

Ingredients:
-2 large eggs
-1 cup pecan halves
-1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
-1 tsp dried basil
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
-chicken tenders

Directions:
-Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 400 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper
-Lightly beat eggs in shallow bowl
-Pulse pecans in food processor --> mix with panko, basil, salt, pepper (also garlic)
-Dip chicken tender in eggs, then pecan mixture (did the flour beforehand per Eric, and didn't like)
-Place chicken tenders on sheet and spray with olive oil (think I forgot this step, too)
-Back for 15 to 20 min



*American

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kofta (sans Kebab)

Modified from themediterraneandish.com I just used the spices from the recipe and added to ground turkey. Typically, you have a feeling how ...